How can I get confidence in speaking English?

Fri Mar 4, 2022

Wouldn't it be nice to be as confident as this man is? He is talking on the phone to a client and understands the jokes and idioms and everything the person is saying to him...

YOU have the ability to be as confident as this man in your listening and speaking skills, just by starting a plan of action and practicing 15 minutes a day.

You DON'T have to say every word perfectly or know every grammar rule to communicate. You just have to get to about 80% and the other 20% will come with time.

How do you get here?

A combination of written text, audio, and video, as well as your verbal practice, will get you to this point over a matter of weeks or months, depending on how often you practice and how you practice.

You can write things in a notebook, use Quizlet or Memrise, use LingoPie video or watch my channel on YouTube for Q&A (Question & Answer) videos on how to learn words and pronunciation in English.

Check out the playlist here - Q&A Playlist

Or you can email me at and I can give you some tips and resources that will help you start your journey towards fluency.

Laurel Archer
A North Carolina-based teacher and lover of language and reading. She loves to find fun ways to teach English and connect with people all over the world.

Launch your GraphyLaunch your Graphy
100K+ creators trust Graphy to teach online
Laurel's Learning Lab 2024 Privacy policy Terms of use Contact us Refund policy